Saturday 5 July 2008

Some ideas from Hannah

I acknowledge I live in Darkinung country and thank and honour the traditional caretakers of this place.

I am interested, but despite the importance of accurate and clear information, I would prefer to move passed discussion and go on to projects that we can actually manifest.

A food co-operative, for example, a bus service, growing crops to make bio-diesel, sharing and exchanging food that we grow/the modalities we teach, combined shopping trips for what we don't grow ourselves, local growers markets here on the mountain . . so I suppose I could ask via the Community News if anyone is interested along with me to get together on this, and take it from there.

Thank you for opening it up as far as this. If I get no response from the community, I guess it isn't ripe eh?

As serious and urgent as the climate change issue is, my experience is that is works best to focus on what to do here and now. The more I find out about what I can't do anything about, the less I can do to help myself and anyone else now and for what follows.

Blessings, Hannah

The spirit of the indigenous people, the first people, has never died. It lies in the rocks and the forests, the rivers and the mountains. It murmurs in the brooks and whispers in the trees. The hearts of these people were formed of the earth that we now walk, and their voice can never be silenced.

We are all from a first people

No comments: